Monday, February 14, 2005

Inaugural/Valentine's Day Show

What's done is done.

Well, the show was a blast, although it was not without its difficulties, most notably the madness that occurred during The Rubettes track, which was considerably sad since that was the song I was most looking forward to playing (the download starts in the midst of this - I'd explain how I even screwed up the cd burning process but I can't). C'est la vie. Oh, and on the Coltrane track, I accidentally began with "Giant Steps" but quickly scanned to the correct track. You won't have Paul Bost to kick around for long, though - soon enough, I'll be a bonafide professional.

Couple more things: anyone else think my voice sounds weird? Kind of low? Lame? Also, my apologies for making a Julia Childs-related comment. She's been in my consciousness ever since that night at the M Bar. I'll have to exorcise that demon somehow, especially since it makes for such weak comedy.

Next week should be theme-free. Contact me or post a comment if you have any song/artist requests. And maybe I'll play the Rubettes track again, so you can finally have a listen to it. It's solid gold.

Shouldn't Happen to a Dog - Thee Headcoats (the Radio in Dog Years theme-song)
Sugar Baby Love - The Rubettes
If You Can't Give Me Everything - Reigning Sound
Girls - Iggy Pop
Dirty Work - Steely Dan
(under backcasting) Contusion - Stevie Wonder
Come Crash - A.C. Newman
Sparky's Dream - Teenage Fanclub
I Call Your Name - The Mamas and Papas
Anything You Want - Spoon
Le Premier Bonheur du Jour- Os Mutantes
(under backcasting) Il Maestro E Margherita - Ennio Morricone
Naima - John Coltrane
Love is the Drug - Roxy Music
Tim, Wish You Were Born a Girl - of Montreal
Friends of Mine - The Zombies
I Need Love - LL Cool J
(under backcasting) Kill the DJ Part II - Optimo
Nothin' But a Heartache - The Flirtations
I'd Die Babe - Badfinger
Honk If You're Lonely - The Silver Jews


Translation to Le Premier Bonheur du Jour (The First Joy of the Day)

The first joy of the day /Is a ribbon of sunshine /Unwinding in your hands / Caressing my shoulder

It’s the ocean sighing / And the beach that stretches before me / It’s the bird that sings / From a frozen tree

The first sorrow of the day / Is the front door closing / The car driving away / The silence that visits me

But soon you come home / And life comes back to me / The last joy of the day / Is the lamp lighting your way

Edit: Looks as if I may have to switch servers to host mp3s. I'll be working on that. Hopefully, I'll have the show posted by the end of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home