Monday, March 21, 2005

More Than Free

I felt like Chef Raekwon in the studio, today. The beats were cooking - it seemed like it had been a while since I had played something danceable, so I decided to get busy. That said, the album that I'm most looking forward to this week, Picaresque by the Decemberists, is of a different ilk. You could probably do a waltz or foxtrot to some of the tracks, but I'm pretty sure it will be one of those albums that I'll set aside a good hour to listen to in its totality, sitting utterly still - zendie rock (anyone? anyone?).

Here's to Illinois and N. Carolina winning out, probably the only way I can salvage some prize money in the two bracket tournaments I entered. Did anyone catch Bobby Knight prompting one of his players to call him a "latter-day Santa Claus" at the press conference after the Gonzaga defeat? When basketball meets funny, nothing in the world is better (click here and go to news, for instance).

DOWNLOAD THIS, DUN!

3/21/05

Shouldn't Happen to a Dog - Thee Headcoats
Robot Rock - Daft Punk
Open Your Heart - The Human League
Not Great Men - Gang of Four
Banquet - Bloc Party
(under backcasting) Rollin' and Scratchin' - Daft Punk
By Your Side - CocoRosie
Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect - The Decemberists
I Will Dare - The Replacements
Juicers - The Capitol Years
(under backcasting) Hello? Is This Thing On? - !!!
One Life to Leave - Out Hud (Requiem for a Requiem remix)
Cholly (Funk Getting Ready to Roll) - Funkadelic
Just the Thought - Prefuse 73 (feat. Masta Killa and the GZA)
(under backcasting) High Fidelity - Daft Punk
I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend - The Ramones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home