Friday, May 27, 2005

Red Hots For Sale!

Today, I mistakenly labeled Wham! an American pop band. I cringed when I heard that on the re-broadcast, but at least I can clarify things here. Also, I'm from now going to refer to George Michael as the Lioness. I think it fits and hope it catches on like Jacko or Macca. He possesses that rare visage where facial and scalpal hair create utter follicular unity.


The Lioness Posted by Hello

Others in this dignified class:


Becks Posted by Hello


Blitzey Posted by Hello


Tim "The Toolman" Taylor Posted by Hello


Hope you enjoy today's show. It was actually one of my favorites thus far - I hope my excitement for the material is contagious. Don't hesitate to make a request or two in the comments section. Also, props to http://theoblogia.typepad.com for spreading not only The Gospel, but my gospel. Same goes to http://www.j-wild.blogspot.com.

Download Me

May 27, 2005

Shouldn't Happen to a Dog - Thee Headcoats
Tears are not Enough - ABC
Everything She Wants - Wham!
One and Only - King Britt feat. Martin Fry (of ABC)
Birthday - Junior Boys
(under backcasting) Ballad of a Paralyzed Citizen - The Faint
Let's Do the Slop - Little Joe Cook and the Thrillers
Jimmy Mack - Martha and the Vandellas
(You make me feel like) A Natural Woman - Laura Nyro
(My baby does) Good Sculptures - The Rezillos
(under backcasting) You Art the Light (by which I travel into) - Jens Lekman
They Don't Know - Kristy MacColl
So it Goes - Nick Lowe
I Think We're Alone Now - Lene Lovich
Whole Wide World - Wreckless Eric
(under backcasting) Broken Bicycles/Junk - Anne Sofie Von Otter and Elvis Costello
Mama - Stephen Malkmus
Maybe You Can Owe Me - Architecture in Helsinki
Hussy - Crystal Skulls

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have any pictures from your trip to boston? i'd love to see some...

4:05 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Funny you should ask . . .

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul-

hope all is well; I hear from Adam that you're heading to TN for grad school. Hope that goes well for you. I'm not sure what I did to garner such recognition on your blog, but I wanted to acknowledge the kind gesture. shalom!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home